Monday, December 9, 2013

What Do You Wear In Winter Tag!

I've seen people do tags on YouTube and thought I'd try and start one in the horsey blog world. I would love to see what everyone wears to the barn in Winter or chilly days (for those of you who live in Florida and whatnot!). Super random but thought it would be a super easy one to do. This is my outfit that I wear when it is as cold as it can be, the ultimate warmth outfit.

If you want to participate in the tag just post a link to this post on yours, then comment saying you made a post about it and I will make a list on here to see who is participating!

Me posing with one of my dogs, Lulu

I'm wearing:
-brown wool sweater from Columbia
-black hooded Carhartt vest (just got it and love it!)
-hunter green Carhartt jacket (literally one of the warmest things I've ever worn!)
-homemade blue knit hat
-black breeches (not shown)
-black Marker snow pants (got these from the thrift store, perfect for riding)
-fleece gloves (I need new ones badly!)
-Ariat boots but I usually wear snow boots or my other Justin boots if I'm riding.

Participants!!




11 comments:

  1. I usually wear a base layer (I really want the Under Armour ones!) then a tshirt, long sleeve shirt, hoodie, and a zip up hoodie. Jeans and boots on the bottom. Long socks. As long as I am moving about, I stay warm and I am not overly bulky like when I wear a coat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea! I've learned a lot about what to wear in REAL winters from other equestrian bloggers. My post is up! http://waitingforthejump.blogspot.com/2013/12/what-do-you-wear-in-winter-tag.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Saiph, I just updated the post :)

      Delete
  3. I love this idea! My layers are pretty getto but I will post mine and read others to try to get some good ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great topic! Sounds like you have a good system of staying warm. I will post (and add your link to my post) about the topic when I blog tomorrow. Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  5. http://theeashke.blogspot.com/2013/12/clothing-blog-hop.html

    My blog on winter clothing in up . . . I am Karen, Rider of Ashke. I love Carhart's too. I really want a pair of the waterproof, wind proof bright orange bibs for the Broncos games. I still am searching for the perfect pair of winter riding boots.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome, thank you!! Aren't Carhartt's the best?! I truly could not live without mine :)

      Delete
  6. Joined here: http://liz-stout.blogspot.com/2013/12/winter-gear.html

    ReplyDelete

Oh how I love comments!