Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Dropped Out

It was about two weeks before school was starting back. I had successfully passed my first semester in the vet tech program and was even elected President. But the more I kept thinking about my future and all the things that I wanted to be doing with my life didn't seem to fit what a vet tech's life would be. I was and still am in love with all the people and the program but in the end I didn't really want to become a veterinary technician. One of the big red flags was that I didn't even want to do the required externship in a clinic after school got out. Now, if I really wanted to be doing that job wouldn't I have wanted to actually be working in the field? I would think so.

So, as hard as it was I dropped out of the program and have started to pursue graphic design and social media marketing/managing. So far I am loving the classes and know this will guide me in the right path towards a successful future. I've always been intrigued by working online or running my own business so maybe this will be my destiny(I mean, if you believe in that. Which I do, haha!).

The vet tech program will always bring me joy when I think back on it. So many wonderful people, great information that I will use for a very long time, and being able to care for animals (which is always a favorite!). Not only that, I brought home one of the animals myself! His name is Indiana Ulysses G, but his nicknames are Indie, Munchie, and Bubby, which is much easier to remember! He is one great little kitty and is such a purr machine. I love him to death and so glad he is part of my family.

When we were at the clinic!



3 comments:

  1. I'm a firm believer that we should all do something we love...go for it girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you know exactly what your doing and how to get there! Good luck. Keep going :)

    ReplyDelete

Oh how I love comments!