Sunday, November 25, 2012

Between the Misty Mountains

Went to the barn today and actually worked Ava and even rode! When I got there I saw that some clouds were covering the mountains, it was gorgeous!!

So pretty!
This one is my favorite, the color is great!

I grabbed Ava and walked her inside. She was dirty but luckily I don't think she rolled, my job would have gotten about a thousand times worse if she did. I took her inside and brushed her off. While doing this I noticed that Ava had some swelling on her hind left leg (from her ankle to her the top of her cannon). She gets it a lot in that leg but doesn't seem to cause her any pain; she may have slipped on the mud and tweaked her leg a bit. Exercising seemed to help but at the end I put some Sore-No-More on it just in case. After I groomed her I free lunged her in the round pen until her freshness wore off. I didn't even plan to ride until I was done lunging, I thought I would give it a shot. Got her all tacked up (while she stood like a champ) and then went back into the round pen for round 2. Ava remembered everything, she only needed some minor refreshing on a couple things but otherwise she was great. I'm really happy to know we've made progress throughout this year. If this was a year earlier I would be starting from the beginning again. So she has come a long way! I have been longing for a day like this, I never thought we would get this far.

We didn't ride too long, I thought it was enough for the first day back. I finished with a nice grooming and then gave her a little bundle of grass as a treat.

Pretty girl in front of the misty mountains, I love this photo!

I also made ornaments for all of the boarders down at The Ranch. They are mini hats, I'll have to show you guys a picture of them, they are adorable and super easy to make! Maybe I'll post a tutorial for everyone to try. Anyways, today was a good day and we still don't have any snow, yay!

Ornaments for The Ranch boarders.




1 comment:

Oh how I love comments!